Whether by train, bus or your own car. The journey to the starting points of the Karwendel Höhenweg trail is easy and uncomplicated. Here you can find all information.
Via public transport
With a large number of bus and rail connections on offer, you can enjoy a stress-free journey and take in the view from your window to get in the mood for the tour. Reith, Seefeld and Scharnitz are all very easy to reach using public transport. As the Karwendel Höhenweg trail is not a circular tour, meaning that the start and finish do not overlap, this makes it an excellent idea to travel by bus and rail. The nearest railway stations with international connections are Innsbruck and Munich.
The railway station in Reith bei Seefeld is located on the line between Innsbruck and Garmisch-Partenkirchen and can serve as the starting point for the first stage, which leads to the Nördlinger Hütte hut. If you wish to travel on the funicular in Seefeld, then you must alight at Seefeld railway station and walk for around 15 minutes to the valley station of Bergbahnen Rosshütte. Here, you can take the Rosshütte funicular and the Härmelekopfbahn cable car to the Karwendel Höhenweg trail.
Here are the current timetables for the public transport connections:
If you are travelling by car, you can reach the Karwendel Höhenweg trail as follows:
- To Reith bei Seefeld: take the Inntalautobahn motorway A12 from Landeck or Kufstein until you reach the Zirl-Ost exit. Continue on the B177 towards Seefeld in Tirol. If you are coming from Garmisch, you can reach Reith via the B2 and the B177.
- To Seefeld: take the Inntalautobahn motorway A12 from Landeck or Kufstein as above, but drive past Reith and continue on to Seefeld. If you are coming from Garmisch, you can reach Seefeld via the B2 and the B177.
- To Scharnitz: if you are travelling on the Inntalautobahn motorway, follow the directions for Seefeld. Once you have passed Seefeld, you can reach Scharnitz via the B177. If you are coming from Garmisch, you can reach Scharnitz via the B2 and the B177.
Reith bei Seefeld
6103 Reith bei Seefeld, Österreich
Seefeld in Tirol, Österreich
6108 Scharnitz, Österreich
Visitors to the High-altitude trail can make use of the following parking options:
- In Scharnitz: car park `Länd´ (pay & display)
- In Seefeld: Bergbahnen Rosshütte multi-storey car park (can be used for multiple days and free of charge with purchase of cable car ticket)
- In Reith bei Seefeld: car park opposite the information centre, car park opposite the fire station (both can be used for multiple days and free of charge)